A business blog helps you optimize every opportunity for engagement with your audience.
Blogging is one of the most effective ways to engage with your customers. Your business can use a blog as a low-cost way to provide valuable content to your target audience and increase your online authority.
A business blog can also raise awareness of your products and services and help you establish relationships with potential customers or clients. And because blogs tend to have an enthusiastic readership, you will over time, create a group of engaged readers willing to spread your message.
To give your blog the best chance of captivating and retaining the kind of audience that helps your business, follow these three tips:
1. Present your content in a readable form
Long blocks of text are sure to turn your reader away. Website users tend to skim content before they invest the effort in reading every word.
- Keep paragraphs short and limit industry-specific jargon (unless you’re writing for a specific industry, then go crazy).
- Use pictures or graphics whenever appropriate (don’t forget to tag them for added search engine juice).
2. Know your audience
It’s important to produce relevant content if you hope to have readers remain engaged. Researching your target audience will help you craft content that best represents your core demographic.
If you discover that your audience is predominately 40 and over, use a larger font and avoid text superimposed on photos. Your (older) readers will appreciate it!
3. Be consistent
This is the one that seems to get every new blogger. Consistency is key for search engine ranking but also important for attracting new readers. Fresh, frequent posts are engaging.
And though this can seem time consuming, the trick is to produce concise content (a few sentences to a couple of paragraphs) and add a graphic or two. Quick, easy, and sustainable. Besides, a blog that hasn’t been updated recently loses readers.
Here’s a few ideas to help you jumpstart your business blog:
- Announce important company news.
- Notify customers and clients of changes to products and services.
- Establish industry authority by publishing original content relevant to your niche.
- Turn readers into viewers by utilizing images and videos.
- Write about the users of your products and services.
- Occasionally include deep, long-form content to highlight your expertise in your field.
Business blogging gives you a powerful communication tool that provides you the opportunity to control the narrative about your business. The effort it takes to create a blog for your business is minimal compared to the benefits of establishing this proven and effective channel for communicating with your target audience.
Here’s another post about improving your business’ digital marketing, Pinterest Helps Businesses Sell More.